Greenpeace is present because this fragile earth needs a voice. We need solutions. We need change. We need action. Founded on the belief that a billion acts of courage can spark a brighter tomorrow, reflected in each of our environmental campaigns.
Greenpeace uses non-violent creative action to pave the way towards a greener, more peaceful world, and to confront the systems that threaten our environment.
Greenpeace is an independent campaigning organization, which uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Our goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity.
That means we want to:
- protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air, and freshwater
- end all nuclear threats
- promote peace, global disarmament, and non-violence
- Personal responsibility and non-violence. We take action based on conscience. This means we are accountable for our actions and take personal responsibility. We are committed to peacefulness; everyone on a Greenpeace action is trained in non-violence.
- Independence. We do not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties. Individual contributions, together with grants from foundations, are the only source of our funding.
- Greenpeace has no permanent friends or foes. If your government or company is willing to change, we will work with you to achieve your aims. Reverse course, and we will be back. What matters isn’t words, but actions.
- Promoting solutions. It’s not enough for us to point the finger; we develop, research and promote concrete steps towards a green and peaceful future for all of us.
Greenpeace does not accept money from governments, corporations or political parties. Individual contributions, together with grants from foundations, are the only source of our funding.
This is why we need your help, your donation and fundraising can help to investigate, campaign, document and lobby for a sustainable balance between humans and the environment.
All changes start with you. Fundraise for Greenpeace or Donate today for a sustainable future.