BEES Elephant Foundation was established to improve welfare
for the elephants and animals in Thailand and to support Community based
initiatives that work to meet the needs of the elephants, animals and the
communities that live and work with them.
The Foundation works to:
- raise funds to rescue and rehabilitate working elephants and establish alternatives and solutions that meet the needs of both the elephants and their owners.
- to support elephants through raising awareness and educating locals and foreigners of the elephant situation in Thailand
- to research and implement initiatives that help to regrow forests and protect wild elephants and wildlife (e.g. planting trees, outside of the classroom education, clean up days, recycling)
- to raise funds and awareness of compassionate care, to rescue, rehabilitate and provide shelters and support to domesticated animals that have been abandoned or are from poverty stricken families (to sterilize, vaccinate and provide care either in shelters or through local clinics, mobile clinic house visits, establishing animal hospitals and care centres)
- to promote, support and create community based projects ( providing local employment, English education programs, Thai Massage and to support eco-tourism etc)