Dementia Singapore was formed in 1990 as the ‘Alzheimer’s Disease Association’ to better serve Singapore’s growing dementia community, increase awareness about dementia, and reduce the stigma surrounding the condition.
As Singapore’s leading Social Service Agency (SSA) in specialised dementia care, Dementia Singapore aims to advocate for the needs of people living with dementia and their families; empower the community through capability-building, knowledge and consultancy; and deliver quality, person-centred care innovations.
Dementia Singapore is registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee (UEN No. 202111519K), listed as a Charity and is recognised as an Institution of a Public Character (IPC).
Our Range of Services
- Day care for the people with dementia at our New Horizon Centres and at our Family of Wisdom Centres
- Transportation service to attend the New Horizon Centres
- Caregiver Support Services including Home Support Team and Eldersit Respite Care Service
- Information and referral
- Caregiver Support Groups conducted in English, Mandarin and Malay
- Training programmes on dementia care
- Consultancy service in Person-Centred Care
- Public education
- Resource library
- Volunteer programme
- Advocacy and Empowerment Programme, 'Voices for Hope'
- Dementia Singapore's pioneering membership programme, 'CARA'
- Attachment for nursing, medical and social work students for practical training