We're making a difference by raising money for a cause close to my heart. We would like to 🎗️ support NCSM to fund its Adults' Home of Home.
Malaysia PropTech Association (MPA) has recently journeyed together with a cancer patient who was diagnosed in Mar 2021. Throughout the journey, we have seen how she manages the side effects of the treatment and pulling through painfully and yet, she completed her course of treatment on Fri, 15 Oct 2021. Our VP of Innovation and Technology is our Breast Cancer Fighter and today, we will be calling her a Cancer Survivor.
In conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we would like to extend our support to cancer patients in our midst as we learn the challenges faced from our very own committee member. On behalf of National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM), we are helping them to raise funds for Adults' Home of Hope (AHH). We chose to raise funds for this project amongst the others for the following reasons:
1. Seeing with our own eyes, how a cancer patient having to manage multiple side effects concurrently causing her to feeling exhausted and requiring assistance to move around,
2. Delay in treatment gives time to the cancer cells to spread to other parts of the body,
3. Knowing that cancer patients’ immunity is very much lowered,
4. Living expenses increase,
5. People from rural areas do not have access to proper medical treatment, and
6. People who fall under the B40 group would not be able to afford proper accommodation when they travel to KL for treatment and travelling expenses are not cheap as constant travelling is required until the treatment ends
AHH serves as a halfway home for both cancer patients and their caregivers from outside of Kuala Lumpur while they undergo treatment at the hospital. AHH is open to the underprivileged adult cancer patients. The facility provides holistic services besides accommodation, which includes housekeeping and laundry services, psycho-social support, counselling services, in-house nutrition and dietary consultation, and shuttle services to and from the hospital at zero cost.
As of now, NCSM is able to provide four (4) rooms per day and the arrangement is, one (1) cancer patient per room. The Monthly Operating Expenses (OPEX) to support four (4) rooms per month is RM 6, 000.00.
We are aiming to raise one (1) month of AHH’s Operating Cost in this MPA NCSM donation drive.
MYR 100 11/27/2021 06:45:40 AM UTC
MYR 100 11/26/2021 01:15:46 PM UTC
MYR 200 11/21/2021 07:05:46 AM UTC
MYR 150 11/06/2021 03:03:00 AM UTC
MYR 150 11/02/2021 02:12:50 AM UTC
There are always hopes
MYR 150 10/26/2021 11:09:06 PM UTC
MYR 150 10/24/2021 05:26:24 AM UTC