Help Us Save Our Sea Turtles!
Marine turtle numbers continue to plummet in most parts of the world.
Some populations are on the brink of extinction due to the following threats.
• Loss of nesting and feeding habitats
• Egg-collection for consumption and trade
• Fishery-related mortality and pollution
Hawksbill turtles are critically endangered.
Green and olive ridley turtles are endangered.
Save Our Sea Turtles
In the 1950s, some 10,000 leatherback turtle nests were recorded at Rantau Abang, Terengganu. There have been no recorded nestings of leatherbacks since 2017.
We cannot afford to let our hawksbill, olive ridley and green turtles suffer the same fate. Sea turtles are key to healthy marine ecosystems, which we need for seafood and climate change mitigation, as well as to sustain coastal communities and ecotourism. We need to act now to save our sea turtles.
Urgent Conservation Efforts
You have the power to save their lives; make a donation today and help WWF-Malaysia to:
• Monitor and patrol nesting beaches to minimise the poaching of turtle eggs
• Patrol turtle foraging grounds to prevent poaching
• Conduct research to understand marine turtle habitats and biology, and the effects of climate change, and enhance conservation efforts
• Continue our efforts in calling for stronger and more holistic laws as well as strengthening ground and transboundary enforcement to protect turtles
Please donate today to help us save our sea turtles.
Thank you very much for your meaningful support.