UPDATE AT 2 DECEMBER 2019
The MFMW Charity Walk 2019 - "Walk with Carers" originally scheduled on 17th November will be moved to 8th December 2019. Please find below as the event details：
A. Virtual Walk
A virtual walk is a walk that you can do on your own time and own route. The route is flexible and not limited to only one route. You may choose your own route.
How to join?
1. Choose your own route
2. Complete your walk between the 1st of December and 8th of December.
3. Wear your sticker on your walk
4. Take photos
5. Send the photos of your walk to firstname.lastname@example.org and upload the photos with the hashtags #MFMWCharityWalk2019, #MFMWCaringForCarers and #MFMWHK.
* Virtual Walk Participants can proceed to the MFMW office during officer hours from 28th November (Thursday) to 6th December (Friday) to collect souvenir and printed number. You may choose also to print your own number as sticker template will be available for download on our website.
B. Symbolic Walk
Apart from the virtual walk, all participants are invited to join the Symbolic walk on the 8th December 2019 (Sunday).
Date: 8th December 2019 (Sunday)
Time: 10:00AM- 11:00AM
Where: St. John’s Cathedral
Content: Walking in the surrounding area of St. John’s Cathedral and a short program
* Awards of highest fund raised of each category will be presented in program
* Participants who will be joining the Symbolic walk can collect their souvenir and printed number on the actual day from 9AM.
To Register :
You can find registration information here: http://ww.migrants.net/index.php/join-us/charity-walk-2019 Please return the filled forms by post or by email (email@example.com) by 6 December 2019.
* Once your registration is confirmed. You will receive a confirmation from us. From there, your participant number will be provided.
UPDATE AT 16 NOVEMBER 2019
Dear Supporters and friends
MFMW Charity Walk 2019
與移民工人同行Walking with Caregivers
Hong Kong is home to thousands of migrant domestic workers who are indispensable in our daily lives. They ensure our loved ones are cared for, our meals cooked and our homes clean and orderly. Due to the nature of their work and social-economic standing, they remain vulnerable members of society and constantly need legal, educational, financial and other forms of assistance, including temporary shelter.
The Mission For Migrant Workers (MFMW) serves more than 380,000 migrant domestic workers in Hong Kong, many of whom are underpaid, overworked or trapped in a vicious cycle of debt and discrimination.
We, therefore invite you to assist our fundraising drive for our Annual Charity Walk 2019. All proceeds will go towards supporting MFMW’s services and initiatives, and support thousands of migrant workers in Hong Kong.
To Fundraise for us, click on the "Start Fundraising" button to create your personalised fundraising page.