The Drifters are swimming around Hong Kong island... Yes, around the entire island - as part of the HK 360 Swim Race. We are aiming to swim the 45 - 50 kilometres in around 12 hours and set a new Team World Record in the process! Please support us by making a donation to our favourite Hong Kong charity - the Splash Foundation!
- The Drifters are a team of 'almost made it' sportsmen who gather once a year to push themselves to the limit in the hope of achieving endurance based sporting goals (and to escape the office for a few days).
- The Drifters formed in 2012 and have:
- Conquered the English Channel...twice;
- Completed The Enduroman 'Arch to Arc' from London to Paris (run London to Dover, swim the English Channel, cycle Calais to Paris);
- Made it from Europe to Asia (the Bosphorus Cross Continental Swim);
- Taken the long way by swimming from Corsica to Sardinia (the Bonifacio Channel); and
- Dodged Sharks in the Rottnest Island Swim (on multiple occasions).
- Be a part of the journey this November and help the Drifters set a new World Record as they swim around Hong Kong!
- More on the Drifters here https://driftingonblog.wordpress.com/
- The Splash Foundation is Hong Kong's only charitable organisation that uses swimming to empower and connect under-resourced communities.
- Splash is created on the premise that there should be no socio-economic barriers when learning how to swim.
- Splash's main beneficiary group in Hong Kong is migrant domestic workers (many of whom come from the Philippines and Indonesia where swim lessons are either not available or financially inaccessible).
- Splash also runs Summer programmes for kids from low income communities in Hong Kong.
- Help Splash reach the goal of teaching 5,000 people by 2020!
- Learn more about the Splash Foundation here http://www.splashfoundation.org/en/ and here https://youtu.be/YDaLZ8imLyo
What an amazing achievement!! Well done!!
AUD 50 11/23/2018 10:11:41 AM UTC
AUD 25 11/23/2018 04:57:34 AM UTC
Good job guys!!!
HKD 150 11/21/2018 03:17:29 AM UTC
GBP 25 11/20/2018 05:24:43 PM UTC
Many congratulations Andy (and friends) on an amazing swim!
GBP 250 11/19/2018 06:26:57 PM UTC
GBP 50 11/19/2018 02:40:32 PM UTC
GBP 50 11/19/2018 09:57:17 AM UTC
GBP 100 11/19/2018 09:55:53 AM UTC
GBP 50 11/19/2018 09:34:43 AM UTC
Amazing work guys. Very impressive!
HKD 3,000 11/19/2018 07:38:26 AM UTC