Hello! My name is Nabilah, I work as a lecturer at Dato' Maharaja Lela Vocational College in Rembau, Malaysia.
I have been blessed with the opportunity to be a part of MyCorps Humanitarian Mission #8 to South Asia. MyCorps is an international Youth Volunteer Program, an initiative from Malaysian Ministry of Youth and Sports that take place annually. In these 8th mission, 41 talented volunteers will be deployed to Nepal, Bangladesh or India for 2 months, from 27th January to 23rd March 2020.
The projects that will be carried
out focus on key areas inclusive of clean water and sanitation, education,
construction, social entrepreneurship as well as agriculture. Our potential
projects may include installing and upgrading the water pumps, rebuilding
schools, introducing a more effective system of agriculture and providing sustainable education for the
Its breaks my heart knowing that up until today, these communities still live in poverty, with no access to quality education, clean water, toilet, and prone to be involved in natural disaster.
We are seeking to raise a total of RM 500K and at least RM 10K per volunteer in order to ensure successful delivery of the projects planned. Our mission is to give them the best we can to improve and get a sustainable life there.
Being an educator, it has always been my dream to provide and care for children's needs to education and I hope through your kind donation and my small effort to bring change to the world it will create a long-lasting impact for schools and learning community. I truly believe all child deserve quality education
Spirit of Our Mission
MyCorps Mission #8 to South Asia is unique because our driving force is sustainability. We are not focused on the short term results, but rather the long term impact to pave the way for self-sufficiency and knowledge development.
Our mission also supports the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
1. No Poverty
4. Quality Education
5. Gender Equality
10. Reduced Inequalities
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
17. Partnerships for the Goals
We will provide student aid
1. Our team of volunteers will gather support for the children to receive notebooks, stationaries, school bags, and shoes to provide them quality education and improved learning facilities
2. We will establish a book reading club, our aim is to improve literacy levels and create exciting ways for the children to learn something new
3. We will setup a mentorship program, the children will be able to learn about a number of career opportunities they have not previously been exposed to and have a role model who will guide them to become successful in their career paths
Long-Term Impact of MyCorps Mission 8
1. We believe it can reduce the rate of drop outs among the students and teenage pregnancy – We aim to bring along projects that will help the children to be more engaged in school and encouraged to attend class
2. We aspire to elevate literacy levels – it is our privileged to provide the children with access to quality education and improved learning material and environment
3. We bring about enhanced quality of life – we aim to create self-sustaining future with notable improvements to their living
Seeking funds for project in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh
I am seeking RM10,000 to be pooled into all projects funding under MyCorps Humanitarian Mission #8 to South Asia. My focus for the fund is on educational projects to provide sustainable education for the children in need in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
Feel free to visit & follow MyCorps on social media for more updates on our journey!
Facebook - MyCorpsOfficial
Instagram – MyCorpsOfficial
Twitter - MyCorpsOfficial
Thank you so much for your kind donation! ❤️