I'm making a difference by raising money for a cause close to my heart. Please support me by donating and my team will be doing 1 burpee for every US$1 raised for the charity!
The CrossFit community is organising a global burpees fundraising event in support of the people in Ukraine. Funds raised will be donated to Doctors Without Borders / Medecins Sans Frontieres, who are mobilising teams to help with the medical needs of people in Ukraine as well for those that have managed to flee to safety in neighbouring border countries.
Organizer Nicholas Worley, member of CrossFit Asphodel in Hong Kong said “We wanted to organize an event so anyone globally can participate and come together to both raise funds for the people of Ukraine and also show them that they have our support!”
We invite you to join us to stand with Ukraine!
Teams and Registration
- Each team must consist of 2 members
- To register and donate, have your team captain sign-up by clicking the "Start Fundraising” button above, create a user account if you're a new user to this site, and then follow the instructions to create your personalised Team page.
- Once the Team page is created, please share it as widely as possible with your network to raise funds for Ukraine.
- Our Burpees challenge is USD1 = 1 Burpee. (e.g. if you raise US$1000, that will be 1000 Burpees to be divided between the 2 partners)
- Fundraising timeline is from Friday 11 Match to Saturday 16 April. And on Saturday, 16 April, you can count up your team's total burpees and divide them by 2.
- All donations will be transferred by SimplyGiving to Doctors Without Borders.
- For more information about the event, you can contact Nick Worley email@example.com
Message from Borders Without Borders
As the war in Ukraine escalates, Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is stepping up its medical humanitarian response to the deepening humanitarian crisis, both in Ukraine and in neighboring countries, where more than one million people have fled as of March 2.
Our teams are witnessing the impact of the conflict on civilians but determining the true extent of medical needs within the country remains challenging. We are preparing for a range of scenarios, reinforcing capacity for surgical care, emergency medicine, and mental health support for displaced people.
MSF has been in contact with Ukrainian hospitals that are receiving trauma patients wounded in the fighting. Many hospitals are also facing shortages of supplies, mainly for emergencies, trauma care, and surgery. We are rushing new shipments of emergency medical supplies to Ukraine, and in the meantime our teams are trying to donate our remaining medical stocks in the country to health facilities located in areas experiencing active fighting.
International deliveries of MSF supplies will start arriving in the coming hours and days, and experienced MSF emergency and specialist medical staff are currently entering Ukraine. More will continue to arrive to support the MSF teams already working within the country.
Great work Alex Davey! Smashing out those burpees!!
USD 100 04/16/2022 07:09:35 AM UTC
USD 70 04/16/2022 05:57:21 AM UTC
USD 50 03/27/2022 09:32:29 AM UTC
gRAHM Graham &
Go for it with the burping! Much Love, Aged Patents
USD 100 03/25/2022 12:45:46 PM UTC
That’s going to get the quarantine to go faster. All the best. 😘
USD 100 03/25/2022 12:15:42 PM UTC
We love burpees and so will Ukraine for the wonderful cause! Go Alex!
HKD 400 03/24/2022 11:12:00 PM UTC
Burp away Alex, great effort
GBP 50 03/24/2022 06:58:39 PM UTC
Well done Alex. Truly the primary cause to get behind at the moment. Now drop and give me 50!!
USD 50 03/24/2022 06:47:08 PM UTC
Great work Nick. Keep it up
USD 100 03/18/2022 04:57:00 AM UTC
USD 25 03/16/2022 04:46:00 PM UTC