Set up in 1985, Women's Centre for Change, Penang (WCC) has been working to end violence against women and children, and to promote gender equality through counseling, outreach and advocacy.
- To provide immediate assistance through counselling, legal advice,
and provision of temporary shelter to women and children experiencing
- To create awareness of women’s rights in the home, workplace, and society at large.
- To raise awareness among the general public on matters concerning
violence against women and children and the need to eliminate violence.
- To promote societal and legal changes for the protection and betterment of women and children in our society.
- To undertake and encourage research into social problems related to women and children.
For more information