The Cat Welfare Society is a charity that aims to promote a humane, responsible and informed society in Singapore where cats are cared for responsibly as pets and treated with kindness as community cats. Our work involves the following:
1. Save A Life Today - Cat Welfare Society receives little to no government support and is largely funded by donations over the years. Support our cause and make a donation to help save a life today.
2. Say No To Abuse - Violence against stray cats can also be a symptom of violent behavior elsewhere. This is why we are constantly lobbying for change in legislation to ensure enforcement and harsher penalties for animal abuse crimes.
3. Social Welfare - Our work with cats often helps to identify needy families that may have fallen through the cracks and desperately need help.
4. Stray Management - We believe in population control through sterilisation - not destruction, and this will ultimately result in the long term reduction of inhumane culling of cats and other animals in Singapore.
5. Community Outreach - Our work in mediation and community outreach aims to educate young people to respect the weak and helpless who form part of the community.
6. Cat Welfare Society is a registered charity with IPC status, donations made within 2015 are entitled to 3 times tax deductions (300% the donation value). We were established in 1999, and over the years managed to stabilise the stray population through humane management and achieved an all time low culling rate for Singapore.