We are making a difference by raising money for a cause close to our hearts. Please support us by donating.
Miles For Miracles
What is our story?
- We are a bunch of avid runners who share the same interest in running, brisk walking and making a better world for the children at Yayasan Chow Kit.
- Covid-19 has hit the community hard - homelessness, joblessness, limited access to food, education and medical support.
- As such, we decided to channel our passion for running to fundraise for the Yayasan.
- You Fund, We Run
What is YCK?
- YCK is a 24-hour crisis and drop-in centre providing meals, activities, therapy, case management, and educational programmes for at-risk children and teenagers around Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur.
- All beneficiaries on SimplyGiving are verified so that donors have the confidence that money donated are accounted for in a secure and transparent manner.
- Donations raised will be transferred directly into the charity's nominated bank account.
What does it mean to donors when you donate/fund this charity?
- All donations to YCK are tax-exempted.
- RM 50 will give 2 children equal access to healthcare and ensure they develop healthily
- RM 75 will give 2 children access to education and will cover all their basic education needs including books and internet data
- RM 100 will provide a family of 5 with basic food aid needs per month
- RM 200 can help 3 children who have been abused physically/emotionally or sexually access shelter placements for a safe and nurturing care
- RM 500 will help pay rent for a family and reduce the risk of being evicted from their homes thus reducing the chances of falling homeless
- Donation can be as low as RM10 and as high as you wish.
- For every RM10 donated, we would run 1km for you.
- It would be a team challenge for us to run as much as and as far as amount collected.
- We would be tracking our mileage on Strava.
- If you are eager to be
part of this, feel free to reach out any one of us.
- If you are interested to view our progress, you may access this link.
- Link: https://www.strava.com/clubs/971053
Who are the runners?
- Sue Bahrinal - https://www.instagram.com/sue.bhrnl/
- Michelle Chua - https://www.instagram.com/chelle91cky/
- Hayati Ramli - https://www.instagram.com/hayatirml/
- Amirah Azhari - https://www.instagram.com/amirah.azhari/
- Rauzan Rafeeq - https://www.instagram.com/rauzanrafeeq/
- Firdaus Hisham - https://www.instagram.com/fidohisham/
- Donation period: 23 Aug 2021 - 31 Oct 2021
- Running period: 1 Sept 2021 - 31 Oct 2021
MYR 150 10/31/2021 11:13:49 AM UTC
Ahmad Syahazan Yaacob
MYR 100 10/31/2021 10:02:26 AM UTC
MYR 422 10/31/2021 09:11:23 AM UTC
Ahmad Nurul Aniza
MYR 50 10/31/2021 06:52:05 AM UTC
MYR 75 10/26/2021 01:35:37 PM UTC
Run Fido Run
MYR 300 09/10/2021 09:37:18 AM UTC
Pek Tong Tan
MYR 50 09/10/2021 02:56:53 AM UTC
MYR 50 09/07/2021 10:29:55 PM UTC
Always in my heart ❤️ Run on my behalf team. Until we meet again🏃♀️
MYR 150 08/31/2021 02:24:55 PM UTC
Run Fido... Run... Teringat pulak run sama2 kat The Hive.. hehehe
MYR 100 08/31/2021 01:02:40 PM UTC