Violence is never a choice a man should make. This campaign aims to bring men and boys together to put an end to violence against women and girls.
Make a stand never to commit, condone or be silent when it comes to violence against women and girls today!
Your support will help fund AWAM's services towards helping women in crisis. For every RM150 donated to AWAM, a client will be able to receive one session of legal information and counselling.
This year we are inviting YOU to STEP UP and make a difference! We want others to lend a helping hand too, if we are the ones in these women's shoes. We are encouraging all participants to FUNDRAISE as part of their effort to make a greater impact in our community.
We are really excited this year as some of the male participants will run/walk as part of the "MEN IN HEELS" novelty approach! These are the statements they're conveying to create awareness:
- I walk for the 2767 women and girls who were brave enough to report their rape to the police in 2013.
- I walk for the 4123 victims of domestic violence who were not safe in their homes in 2013.
- I walk for all the girls and women in my life – because they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- I walk for the girls in my university because they have the right to live and learn in a safe environment.
- I walk for my mother who was voiceless and silenced in the everyday society.
All donations to AWAM are tax exempted.
For enquiries: Call Yong Yi (AWAM) at Tel: 03-7877 4221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.