This classroom project is fully funded, and will no longer accept any donation. Thank you for your support. We will update the project progress in this page as soon as we can. If you would like fundraise for your education project, submit your project application at http://tandemic.com/change/give/. Our 2nd phase of fundraising will commence in mid-January 2016.
Cikgu Hadibah brought her students to Lost World of Tambun for a Special Needs Aquatic Therapy. All 30 students, aged from 5 to 14 enjoyed the therapy a lot. Not only the therapy makes the kids happy, it is helpful for them too.
Remember Aisyah who had Cerebral Palsy? She cannot stop express how happy she was with the therapy. She moved confidently in the water and did not want to leave the place.
One of our pupils, Aisyah (10 years old) has Cerebral Palsy after she fell down from her cradle when she was a baby. She can only walk a few steps with assistance, or she needs a wheelchair to move around. When we bring her for the aqua therapy in a hot spring, I was surprised at how much she can move in the water, considering how difficult it is when she tried to walk. Therefore, I would like to continue organizing Special Needs Aquatic Therapy for my pupils.
The initiative - Special Needs Aquatic Therapy
An annual fun and beneficial program for children with various special abilities and needs, tailored to address the physical, cognitive and psycho-social needs of each participant.
This program aims to benefit 50 pupils from Sekolah Kebangsaan Datin Khadijah Kuala Kangsar with multiple disabilities (learning disabilities, autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, deaf), covering age from 5 to 14 years old.
- Water is a great leveler, providing children the most enormous psychological and emotional boost
- Viscosity of water gives a child time to react and experiment with the consequences of movement, allowing them to perform and learn movements that would otherwise be too difficult to perform on land
- The hydrostatic pressure created when partially or fully submerged in water improves circulation, increases the work of breathing, and gives the body 360 degrees of deep pressure
- The overall enjoyment of the pool makes achieving therapy goals considerably easier.
- Admission fees (RM45 x 50 pupils) = RM2,250
- Transportation: bus (RM800 x 2) = RM1,600
- Breakfast & lunch (RM20 x 50 pupils) = RM1,000
- Activities: games etc. = RM150
MYR 150 10/05/2015 10:15:06 AM UTC
MYR 450 10/05/2015 09:37:19 AM UTC
MYR 10 10/03/2015 07:52:42 AM UTC
MYR 10 10/03/2015 07:49:08 AM UTC
mikail bin amir redzuan
MYR 50 09/30/2015 07:21:31 AM UTC
hardesh singh dhillon
MYR 50 09/28/2015 12:24:16 PM UTC
MYR 100 09/25/2015 12:56:40 AM UTC
MYR 50 09/22/2015 07:06:39 AM UTC
MYR 100 09/21/2015 06:47:50 AM UTC
Chee Han Xin
MYR 100 09/21/2015 06:14:08 AM UTC