The Malaysian National Animal Welfare Foundation was formed in April 1998 to promote a caring Malaysian society. This is done through creating awareness and a balanced approach to animal welfare for the well being of animal and mankind.
- To generate awareness and responsibility of all residents in Malaysia on animal welfare as part of the policy towards the creation of a caring Malaysian society.
- To develop strategies and programmes to promote animal welfare through the MNAW Council (under the patronage of the Minister of Agriculture), public agencies, institutions, private bodies and organisations.
- To undertake projects that will promote understanding and the practices of animal welfare as part of daily life of residents in Malaysia.
- To disseminate information on animal welfare through various media to the public, schools, community centres and other target groups.
- To collect and generate funds to undertake animal welfare projects.
- To undertake any other activities related to animal welfare.
- To establish linkages with other institutions and organisations, locally and internationally in matters associated with animal welfare.
Donations will be used to carry out our activities that include education programs in schools, public seminars, human-animal interaction programs and the publication of animal welfare guidelines.