The DAS is a one-stop centre which provides a full range of services to help dyslexics. We are composed of a multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, speech & language therapists and educational therapists. This group integrates with the team of lecturers, marketing and operations teams to educate professionals, teachers and parents on dyslexia and how to support a dyslexic child. This approach ensures that the physical, social, psychological, emotional and even financial needs of the DAS students are looked into.
We offer psychological assessments and specialist teaching to children between the ages of 6 and 16 years old. Dyslexia screening tests are also offered to pre-school children between the age of 4 years 6 months and 6 years 6 months. Our assessments look at the child's profile of cognitive (thinking) abilities and their reading and writing ability using a set of internationally recognised scientific tests. If we find that your child would benefit from our educational programme, we will recommend the enrollment of your child on our programme. We use a 'structured multi-sensory approach' to teach phonics (the foundations of reading and writing) to your child.
- To put quality first in delivering a comprehensive and effective professional service for dyslexic people and those with specific learning differences on a not-for profit basis.
- To provide an assessment service for individuals at risk of having dyslexia and/or specific learning differences.
- To provide educational programs and other support services for individuals with dyslexia and/or specific learning differences.
- To raise public and professional awareness of the nature and incidence of dyslexia and specific learning differences.
- To enable others (teachers, parents and professionals) to help dyslexic individuals and those with specific learning differences.
- To assist and elicit financial and other support for people with dyslexia, those with specific learning differences and their families.
- To promote and carry out local research into dyslexia, specific learning differences and to disseminate results.
- To network with other organizations in Singapore and internationally to bring best practices to the DAS and Singapore.
The DAS is a social enterprise. We strive to be a sustainable business with a social mission. Our business is used as a means to help dyslexic people achieve. We reinvest our surpluses to fulfil our social objectives and in doing so, combine the entrepreneurial and business skills with our philanthropic mission characteristics as a not-for-profit organization.
Donations received will be channeled towards supporting the specialized education of our students from lower income families. The DAS provides bursaries to these students utlizing our surpluses and your donations will ensure an increased number of children will be able to receive intervention quicker and shorten the waitlist.